Compensation – $5000 + Equity Stake Kara Water
Prepared Date: 08/24/2019
Location: New York City
At Kara Water, we are developing a revolutionary means to ensure that families and individuals always have a safe, healthy, and reliable source of drinking water, right in their very home. Kara is an innovative device that create water from thin air, completely removing dependency on ground and bottled water; that are contaminated by aging infrastructure and cause extreme amounts of pollution. This position is for a Product Engineer who will be responsible for designing and developing products from management requests. Working with factory personnel, the product engineer is responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to realize current and new products to the company portfolio. Kara Water offers you an opportunity to join a radically innovative and go-getter team that will boost your skills and widen you career field. Inquire to be a part of the next big home appliance that will change the way that we drink water in our homes for generations to come.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Duties of the Position:
· Assist in Supply Chain and procurement of BOM
· QA/QC of all parts in Supply Chain
· Detailed communications with Project Managers and Technical Consultants
· Design Review and verification from and Project Managers and Technical Consultants
· Design and develop a product or product family.
· Ensure production procedures efficiently utilize materials, methods and personnel.
· Establish test procedures for quality assurance of finished product.
· Work with external resources to resolve product issues.
· Work with external design resources to ensure quality design and performance.
· Assist in selection of material.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Ability to manage and supervise external and internal resources
· Strong communication skills both with the internal and external teams is expected at all times
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or industrial engineering
· Professional engineering status is preferred but not required
· From Home (70%)
· In-person meetings (25%)
· Occasional travel (1-5%)
To inquire, email your resume, and if available, samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always Learning New Skills
Strong Communication Skills
Background in Mechanical Engineering
Renewable & Environmental